Dr. Naseem Abbas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» NSAIDS- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflamatory Drugs
BLACK HOLE_The Mysterious Novel I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 2:02 pm by Naseem Abbas Malik

» The More I Miss You The More I Love You!
BLACK HOLE_The Mysterious Novel I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:52 pm by Naseem Abbas Malik

» It's More Than Enough!
BLACK HOLE_The Mysterious Novel I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:49 pm by Naseem Abbas Malik

» Sometimes Somewhere!
BLACK HOLE_The Mysterious Novel I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:43 pm by Naseem Abbas Malik

» He Who Leaves Salah Has Left Behind Religion!
BLACK HOLE_The Mysterious Novel I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 5:39 pm by Naseem Abbas Malik

» Woh Jis Ke Qurb Mein Baadal Bhi Aasmaan Sa Lagy!
BLACK HOLE_The Mysterious Novel I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 1:25 pm by Naseem Abbas Malik

» چلو لکھتے ہیں کاغذ پر کوئی حرفِ شناسائی
BLACK HOLE_The Mysterious Novel I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 1:47 pm by Naseem Abbas Malik

» Har Koi Tere Jaisa Hai Ya Phir Saara Jahaan Tum Ho?
BLACK HOLE_The Mysterious Novel I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 4:38 pm by Naseem Abbas Malik

» My___2013; I got smiles more than tears!
BLACK HOLE_The Mysterious Novel I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 4:04 pm by Naseem Abbas Malik

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 27 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:02 am
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this month
No user

Keywords

BLACK HOLE_The Mysterious Novel

Go down

BLACK HOLE_The Mysterious Novel Empty BLACK HOLE_The Mysterious Novel

Post by Naseem Abbas Malik Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:15 pm

CHAPTER 1

THE WELL
It was evening. A huge old castle stood beside the road, surrounded by the dense trees. Sun had just set in the west and there were still its signs visible in the sky. There was a huge open space in front of the castle, and on the other side of the open space, there was dense wood. A gust of air flowed wildly and with the breeze the trees started swaying. Just next to the castle there was a narrow well, encircled with the wildly grown grass. It was evident from the condition of the well that it was not being used since long. Far from this castle, there was a village nestled at the bottom of a hill. It appeared that the people from the village generally avoided coming to the castle and the place around.

A Negro kid from the village, Frank, around 7-8 years of age, black but quite cute, was playing around with his calf. In fact he brought his calf for feeding nearby in the adjacent farms. The calf also seemed to be affectionate about the boy. When the boy used to caress him, he used to run away jumping like a spring bug. While running and jumping with fun, the calf entered in the castle premises. Frank also followed him. As Frank entered the castle premises, a wave of panic pierced his body, as he was warned by his parents not to enter this premises. But as the calf entered, he just followed him to protect him.

He called out, while running behind the calf, " Gavin... stop"

They used to call him 'Gavin' lovingly.
By this time the calf not only entered the premises, but also started to go to the well adjacent to the castle, passing across the open space in front of the castle.

" Gavin don't go there..." Frank again warned him.

But the calf was not ready to listen. He reached the well and climbed the rock heap circled around the well.

Now Frank was getting concerned about the calf, for he had heard so many dreadful stories about the well. He heard that an animal once fallen in the well had never returned. And whoever tried to bring them back had also never returned. That might be the reason why they called it as a 'Black hole'. Frank stopped, as if frozen.

May be, the calf is running since he is running behind him...

He thought.
And if he keeps on running like this, for sure he is going to fall in the well...
Though Frank stopped running, yet the calf didn't want to come down.Now he also started walking around the well.

Frank was totally clueless about what to do next. He looked around, to find nothing other than the tall dreadful old walls of the castle, and the dense trees around. Now he started to feel terrified. Till now he had just heard about the castle and the black hole, but now for the first time, he had come in the premises. People said it was dreadful, but it was even more dreadful than it. But he was so attached to the calf that he would never go leaving him alone. Frank slowly approached the edge of the well. The calf was standing on the other edge. Suddenly he saw that a rock slipped from below the calf's foot and trembled into the well.

" Gavin..." Frank screamed again.

Though the rock fell in the well but it didn't produce any sound. Frank went still closer to the edge and looked inside. The edge was visible till some distance but then there was neither an edge nor bottom of the well that was visible. There was only dark, the dark stretching to infinity. Probably this might be another reason, why people called it a black hole. Suddenly again another rock slipped on which one foot of the calf was resting. The rock fell in the well, but this time unfortunately the calf also fell in the well followed by the rock.

" Gavin...'' Frank cried.

This time the rock and the calf disappeared in the well, in the black limitless vaccum. There was neither sound nor the sign of the existence of the calf. Frank was shocked, not knowing what to do. He looked into the well, in a hope that he could see his beloved calf, and was crying moaning ‘ Gavin... Gavin’

It was since long, Frank was looking in the well stooping over the edge. Now his tears were dried up. He realized that his beloved ‘Gavin’ was never going to come back. The area around the well and the castle seemed to be appearing more dreadful now as it was getting late and was getting dark. Frank got up and started to return to home with heavy heart.

Frank must have reached around hundred feet from the well, when he sensed something behind. A wave of fear entered his body. He started to walk as fast as possible, so that he could get out of the area quickly. Suddenly a voice came from his behind. He abruptly stopped.

It is the known voice...

Gathering courage, he turned to look back. And what a surprise! It was his beloved Gavin who was running to reach him making his peculiar sound ‘Hamba... Hamba...’

“ Gavin..’’, Frank's face beamed up with happiness.

But how did it happen?...

Frank was least bothered about the cause, as this moment the most important thing for him was that he has got his Gavin back, and nothing more he would have desired at that moment. He opened his arms and desperately hugged Gavin and started kissing him all over.
Naseem Abbas Malik
Naseem Abbas Malik
Mr.Administrator
Mr.Administrator

https://naseemabbas.forumur.net

Back to top Go down

BLACK HOLE_The Mysterious Novel Empty Re: BLACK HOLE_The Mysterious Novel

Post by Naseem Abbas Malik Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:18 pm

CHAPTER 2

JACOB
It was a glorious morning in the small colony, nestled in the greenery. The Sun was rising. Atmosphere around the colony was filled with a freshness and enthusiasm, sweet chirping sound of birds added melody to it. Tall trees in and around the colony were swaying with a chilling breeze.

Few pedestrians were out for morning walk. Some residents were jogging and few running bicycles seemed to be racing with each other.

A small sweet bungalow was nestled in the middle of the colony with lawn and small garden around. The rising flowers in the garden seemed to be competing with each other. A bicycle stopped in front of the gate. Paperboy tossed a paper pack aiming at the front door. The paperboy was about to turn to leave, when a car arrived at the gate. Jacob, a tall handsome and muscular young man, in his thirties, got down. Jacob playfully patted on paperboy's head. Paperboy smiled in return and steered further.

Inside the Bungalow, in a hall, a beautiful but stern lady Stella, around 27-28 years of age, dialed a phone number. Though her serious face showed lot of worries and concerns, her face radiated and shined with a special aura. The dark circles around her eyes depicted the problems she was going through recently. A young, smart college girl, around 20-21 years of age, Suzan, stood beside her attentively.

" Is this Dr Franklin? " Stella asked over phone when the phone got connected.

" Mrs. Stella Fernandez, Dr. Gibson Fernandez’s wife " She introduced herself to the other side.
When the phone conversation was going on, the Doorbell rang. Stella gestured Suzan to check at the front door.

Suzan headed for the front door and Stella continued her conversation, " No this is regarding the research you were working on..."

When Suzan opened the front door, Her eyes widened with amazement, seeing Jacob standing in front of her.

" You? ... The other day.."

" I am Gibson’s friend, is Stella in?" Jacob said, cutting her in between.

Suzan turned and looked at Stella.
Taking the opportunity, Jacob entered the foyer and stood beside Stella. Suzan kept on looking at him annoyingly, while he entered.

"... I may trouble you sometime again..." Stella's conversation over phone could be heard.

" Sorry..."

" Thank you" Stella said off the response from other side and hung on. From her gloomy face it was evident that the purpose for which she phoned was not met up with.

Seeing Jacob standing beside her, Stella stared at him and Suzan alternatively with quizzical look.

"Hi, I am Jacob, Gibson’s friend." Before she could say anything Jacob introduced himself.

"Hi.." Stella responded.

Suddenly a transparent crystal tied on Jacob's wrist caught Stella's attention. She adoringly looked at it.

" Did we meet before?" Jacob asked her.

" I don’t think." Stella said trying to recall.

"Any way some or the other meeting has to be the first time.... In fact, Gibson never introduced us...I mean such occasion did not come ever before." Jacob said.

"Have a seat please." Stella said, realizing that she even did not offer him to sit.

Jacob sat down and Stella sat in a sofa across from him.

"Actually, I want to talk something very important." Jacob said.

Curiosity spread over Stella’s face. Suzan was still present there. Jacob glanced at Suzan with discomfort. Immediately she left the foyer.

He looked straight into Stella's eyes and said, "However, you need to come with me? "

"Where?" She asked in hesitation and surprise.

Jacob got up. He looked at a photograph of Stella and her husband together kept on a table.

" Just, have trust... its regarding the worries you are going through recently" Jacob said and headed to the front door. Stella got up and followed him.
Naseem Abbas Malik
Naseem Abbas Malik
Mr.Administrator
Mr.Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Naseem Abbas Malik Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:21 pm

CHAPTER 3

THE TOWER OF MEMORIES
A car was running speedily on a road. Jacob was driving the car and Stella was sitting next to him. Car sped through the traffic, taking sharp turns. While looking ahead, she stole a look at him. As he looked back at her, she averted and looked straight ahead again. While looking ahead she went on remembering the recent incidences and her recent memories...

Gibson, who was mostly in his 30’s, Stella and Suzan, all were seated at a dining table, having breakfast. Partially finished breakfast plates were lying in front of them.
Gibson had long curly hair, and striking, intelligent eyes that had squinted from years of intense study. He ate a spoonful and continued with leafing through the folder in his other hand. Stella seemed to be well conversed with Gibson’s reading habits; as she did not bother about his reading at breakfast. On the other end of the table Suzan was drowned in her thoughts, though having breakfast.

While leafing through his file, Gibson glanced at Suzan.

" How is college? " He asked her unexpectedly.

Suzan still immersed, suddenly fumbled out of her thoughts. She did not know what to do to hide her expressions, took a mouthful, and tried to swallow it quickly.

"Ahh...Good... Good... I mean fine.." Suzan replied with chocked voice.

Stella giggled looking at Suzan's fumbling and confusion.
Gibson glanced at Stella and Suzan and continued reading through his folder.

"He is asking about college, not about breakfast" Stella said in teasing tone, smiling at her.

"Of course, I am talking about my breakfast ... I mean college." Suzan said, trying to sound normal.
Stella laughed again, this time loudly.

"It’s pretty clear from your face" Stella still was not ready to leave her.

Suzan made sure that Gibson’s attention was not at her. Gibson still was absorbed and lost into his folder. Suzan stared at Stella widening her eyes. She pretended to be angry and mouthed, 'just keep quiet'.

Outside, there was a continuous hard beeping of a bike horn. Suzan alertly peeked through the window. She saw her friend Daniel sitting on a bike waited at the gate and gazing at the window. As they shared each other's look he stopped beeping.
Stella winked at Suzan and said in teasing tone,

"Suzan, don’t you think you are running late."

Suzan got up, leaving partially finished breakfast. She rushed, trying to hide her smirk.

Suzan picked up her books and bolted toward the front door.

"Bye Stella, bye Brother" Suzan said while leaving.

Gibson peeked through his eye corners, " Hmmm ... Bye..."

" Bye honey ... Take care." Stella said smiling and teasing.

Suzan abruptly stopped, turned, and smiled at Stella. She made face at Stella like 'I will beat you later'. Stella smiled mischievously. Suzan walked off.
Naseem Abbas Malik
Naseem Abbas Malik
Mr.Administrator
Mr.Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Naseem Abbas Malik Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:22 pm

CHAPTER 4

LOVE BIRDS
Daniel, around 22 years of age, a fashionable, skittish guy, was waiting for Suzan sitting on his bike. His bike was continuously roaring and vomitting smoke.

Daniel stared at Suzan, as he saw her rushing out of the house. They shared a tender smile. As she approached, Daniel buckled the helmet and swiveled the accelerator, pressing hard his left foot on the break.
When Suzan was about to sit, Daniel released breaks.

"Wait ... Wait...Are you nuts? ... Let me sit right first." Suzan grumbled angrily.

Daniel looked back, abruptly stopped bike. Suzan collided with him, hitting her front tooth to his helmet. She inspected her tooth with pain, "Uuuu..."

"Ooh... I am sorry" Daniel apologized

"You know ... You are such an asshole... I don’t know how I fell in love with you." Suzan said in irritation.

"I am so sorry. " He was again and again apologizing to her.

Suzan sat right, sneaked a look at her house over her shoulder. Daniel waited for her signal. She waited for him to start bike, at last tapped on his shoulder and said, " Mr. Daniel Cantor."

Daniel looked back innocently, " Ya...."

"...Let’s go... Dear" She said sarcastically.

Daniel changed the gear and drove off with speed.

When the bike stabilized, running with constant speed, Daniel peeked at Suzan from the corner of his eyes. They shared delightful smile. Suzan slipped closer and held him firmly.
Naseem Abbas Malik
Naseem Abbas Malik
Mr.Administrator
Mr.Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Naseem Abbas Malik Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:24 pm

CHAPTER 5

THE FOLDER
Carrying his bag, Gibson was ready to leave for his work. He stopped at the door and turned, seemed to be his usual practice. Stella came from kitchen, went to him. Going closer, she tightened his tie. They shared a tender look.

“ Don’t wait for Lunch. I am not sure, when I will be able to make...” Gibson said.
They kissed and he walked off.

When Stella came back in house, she realized that her husband has forgotten the folder, which was lying on the dining table. She picked it up, darted to the open door. She reached Gibson, hiding behind the folder.

"Are you sure... You are not forgetting anything...?" Stella asked.

Gibson stopped and looked back with confusion.

Out of void, she revealed the folder. He playfully tapped on his head, blaming his forgetfulness. After holding a folder in front of him, she casually leafed through the folder, encountered a well sketched canvassed picture with black charcoal. Gibson came back to her with smile on his face. She was sensing something eerie about the sketch.

"What is this?" She asked.

Gibson became serious but then trying casual he said,
"Nothing."

She looked at the sketch. There was a weighty silence. She had realized that it was some important sketch about which her husband didn't want to disclose anything. And Gibson also sensed what was going on in her mind.

"...Will you give it? It’s already getting late." Gibson said with fake smile.

Gibson deftly grabbed the folder, pecked on her forehead, and departed. Stella kept looking him departing.

Stella gazed at Gibson driving the car. Gibson waved his hand through the open window, " Bye."

"Bye Honey... Take care." Stella waved back.

Gibson drove off. The dust cloud came up and slowly settled down.

Stella walked back in home and closed the front door; her face was still perturbed.
Naseem Abbas Malik
Naseem Abbas Malik
Mr.Administrator
Mr.Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Naseem Abbas Malik Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:26 pm

CHAPTER6

GIBSON'S VISIT
When Stella came out of her thoughts she found herself sitting beside Jacob on the front seat and Jacob was driving the car. The crystal tied on Gibson's wrist again caught her attention; She stared at it. She was surprised of the size and the brightness of the crystal.

" Where did you get this?" Stella couldn't stop asking him.

Jacob glanced over Stella and the crystal.

"Seem to be fond of crystals. " He asked and continued to drive looking on the road ahead.

"Gibson ... Gibson gave me." He said further.

Stella looked at him and then kept on looking at the crystal. She went into her past again....

...... Gibson's car traveled with full speed on the road. He glanced over the green farms around, while driving the car. There was greenery everywhere around. After some time
The car passed by a wildly grown farm; an old Castle nestled beneath it. Gibson stopped his car taking to one side of the road and got down. He was as if mesmerized, looking at the castle. He slowly moved towards the castle, as if some unknown force attracted him.

When he reached the castle, he saw a black rocky well beside the Castle. A pile of black rocks surrounded the well.

This must be the same well...

He thought. Curiously, he headed towards the well.

He stood at the edge and leaned in. He picked up a stone nearby, threw in. There was no sound. He looked again inside, this time carefully. There was neither water inside nor any bottom; it was only an endless black ….a dark black hole.
Naseem Abbas Malik
Naseem Abbas Malik
Mr.Administrator
Mr.Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Naseem Abbas Malik Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:27 pm

CHAPTER 7

SIMON
After surveying the castle and the area around, Gibson came back to his car. When he reached the car, once again he looked back at the castle, and stood for a while, absorbed in his thoughts.

Later, coming out of his thoughts, he looked around. Around a mile away, he saw a small village sitting at the bottom of hills. He felt better knowing that there is life nearby.

Gibson sat in the car and drove off. He must have traveled some distance when a group of boys, Simon, Rayon, Malcolm and Abraham hiding behind the tree came out.

"Come on he has gone." Abraham said.

"Who is he?" Simon, who was the youngest of them, enquired.

They walked towards the castle.

"I don’t know. May be some visitor." Malcolm said shrugging.

"Hey, my mother warned not to ever come here." Simon said trying to alert the others.

"Elders always scare us." Abraham patted on his back and said recklessly.

"I heard there is a ghost in the black hole." Rayon said.

"We will not go there." Malcolm assured trying to calm him down.

"Black hole?" Simon asked again.

" You don’t know?... People call this well as a black hole." Malcolm said expressing surprise.

"Why?" Simon asked again.

The eldest one, Abraham slapped Simon on his bottom and said with smile, "For...every hole is not black."

Rayon, Malcolm and Abram chuckled, Simon also joined them though he did not understand the humor.

Boys were playing with the tennis ball in the open ground in front of the castle. Abraham was in possession of the ball. Before throwing at other boys he looked at the ball. He saw a monster picture sketched with black ink on it.

Must be the creative work of one amongst us...

He thought. Now Abraham started to find who is closer to him. Abraham found that Rayon was closer to him, compared to others. He chased him and hit him hardly. Ball hit Rayon's back exactly in the middle.

" Unn ..k" Rayon moaned, as the ball was hard enough.

Ball hit Rayon's back and bounced around.

Bouncing and trembling, the ball came in Malcolm's reach; he ran and collected it. He looked around for the closer ones. Other boys, who were closer, started running apart. Malcolm chose Abraham to chase, hit him as hard as he coud. Abraham cleverly knelt down and the hit missed.

Ball came in Simon's reach; He ran after it. This time the ball had enough speed as the hit was missed. The ball traveled with speed and reached the pile of rocks and tumbled towards the well. Simon tried hard to catch it before possibly it could fall in the well. Unfortunately the ball fell in the well, and now the boy chasing the ball slipped and he too tumbled towards the well.

Other Boys gathered around, watched helplessly Simon tumbling towards the well. Simon tumbled and fell in the well. A screech filled around, faded away, and abruptly stopped.
Naseem Abbas Malik
Naseem Abbas Malik
Mr.Administrator
Mr.Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Naseem Abbas Malik Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:28 pm

CHAPTER 8

IN SEARCH OF SIMON
In front of the castle, near the well, Simons father, mother and other people were gathered. Simon's father and other two people carried ropes along with them. They were releasing rope inside the well to get down. An aged villager suddenly popped up.

" Don’t do anything stupid ... Till now nobody has returned, who entered the well..." The aged villager warned.

Simon's father looked at him, pondered over and ignored him. He continued releasing the rope in the well. As everybody ignored, the aged person left.

They dangled the rope in and Simon's father started to enter in the well with holding it. One end of the rope was in the well and the people standing outside tightly held the other end. They held it firmly and were slowly releasing it.

The first rope ended. Therefore they tied the other one and continued releasing. Slowly the second one also ended and subsequently third, fourth, fifth ropes also ended. They did not have any more ropes to tie.

While releasing the rope inside, suddenly with a jerk, the stretch of the rope vanished. The people holding rope fell behind on their back. They got up; looked at each other with a glimpse of fear in their eyes.

" What's wrong?"

" Did it break?"

One of them shook the rope but there was no response.

Gradually people gathered around the well. Few of them were shaking the rope, still in anticipation that there will be some response from inside, while some of the others were leaning in. There was no sign of life in there, just a black hole. They were in dilemma, what to do next.

Simon's mother broke down, as she must have understood the reality, looking at the gloom faces of the people gathered around. She started wailing. Ladies gathered around her and were trying to console her.

Due to Simon's and his fathers demise, the environment in the village was sad. They neither got their bodies nor did they have a slightest hope to get them. As a symbol of Simon’s and his father's bodies, people kept two rocks in front of their house. People were gathered around those two rocks, which were partially covered with white cloths. The short rock - the boy Simon was laid adjacent to the longer one - the father. Simon's Mother’s sobbing was choked down to breathless whimpering.

Four persons from the crowd came forward, held up two rocks carefully on their shoulders as if holding the dead bodies. As they were carrying the rocks, the lady, boy's mother, got up and started crying again. Other women held and tried to soothe her.

Four persons, with the rocks on their shoulders, headed for the woods. Crying mother and the crowd followed them. Behind all of them, Gibson joined the crowd and followed them with heavy heart.
Naseem Abbas Malik
Naseem Abbas Malik
Mr.Administrator
Mr.Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Naseem Abbas Malik Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:30 pm

CHAPTER 9

THE BALL
It was so quiet in the night; all that could be heard was the chirping of crickets. Gibson couldn't stop himself to come to the castle. Gibson held his torch, focused on the well. Slowly, as if possessed, he went to the edge, focused his torch and leaned in to look.

Gibson came two steps backward and looked around focusing the torch flash. Old walls of the castle and the wild grown trees around, appeared more terrified than in the daytime. Howling of dogs could be heard from far distance, which made the environment more timid. Besides well was the old castle. Gibson slowly and cautiously started to walk towards the castle.

Gibson entered the castle. He was walking one step at a time cautiously and alertly inside the castle. Gibson scanned around, suddenly realized that some black thing was about to attack him. Frightened, he stepped back and ducked down. They were bats – swarms of them. He dived to the ground. They hovered on his head for a while and went away. Gibson let out a sigh of relief.

Old portraits of Leonardo Da Vinci were hanging on the walls of the castle. Gibson tenderly touched a portrait, showing his liking and respect about Leonardo Da Vinci’s art.

Suddenly Gibson sensed someone’s presence outside the castle. Gibson steadied and switched off his torch trying to listen to the movements outside. As he stopped, the movements outside also stopped. There was weighty and fearful silence. He peered out, took his long hair strands back with one hand, which obscured his face.

He saw a scary shadow, carrying lamp.

Who could it be?...

This time of hour?...

Gibson hid behind the wall. To his astonishment the image moved in the direction where he was standing.

When Gibson realized that the shadow was coming to him, he silently picked up a piece of wood lying nearby. As the silhouette was coming closer, Gibson’s grip on the piece of wood tightened.

As the image came in his reach, he hit it hard. The image fell down and screamed.

The voice seemed to be known...

Gibson immediately switched on the torch and focused it on the image. He was a villager – Brian, around 35 years of age, black shiny skin and muscled body. They had met earlier in the village.
As he focused torch light on him, he screamed protecting his head with his hands, "Sir ... its me...Brian... I came to help you."

"This time? ... Is this a way?" Gibson said in irritation.

Brian sat up holding his head. Gibson went closer to him and checked his head injury.

"I am so sorry... I thought.." Gibson apologized.

"I got to show you something." Brian seemed to be comfortable now.

"What? " Gibson asked.

Brian got up, removed a tennis ball from his pocket, and held it in front of Gibson.

"What is this?" Gibson asked.

"It’s the same ball, which fell in the black hole." Brian explained.

Gibson grabbed the ball with surprise, "Where did you get it?"

"My son got it." Brian said.

He took a closer look of the ball and was surprised to see the monster picture on it.
Naseem Abbas Malik
Naseem Abbas Malik
Mr.Administrator
Mr.Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Naseem Abbas Malik Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:31 pm

CHAPTER 10

THE BALL MYSTERY
Gibson and Brian sat across, in Brian's house, sipping morning tea. Looking at Brian’s bandaged head, Gibson recalled the incidence of the last night. He felt to laugh about the incidence, but at the same time he was concerned about the injury.

"Are you OK?" Gibson asked, trying to be serious.

Brian only nodded.

Some time passed without any word.

"Did you ever see somebody staying in the castle?" Gibson asked.

He was still thinking about the castle.

" No.... However, people say an old man used to stay there... so many years ago." Brian said.

"Hmm..." Gibson said immersed in his thoughts.

"They say... he never used to talk to anyone in the village... some say he had come from the city...but nobody was sure..." Brian added.

"Now where is he?" Gibson asked.

"Nobody knows... my father used to tell that he was a ghost... because he vanished and nobody got his body or any traces." Brian said.

"Ghost? ... Do you believe?" Gibson asked sarcastically.

"I think he must have vanished in the black hole..." Brian said.

Gibson pondered over, realizing something he asked, " When was the well dug? Do you have any idea?"

"People tell that he came and he himself dug the well alone.. People used to fear him due to his whimsical behavior." Brian Said.

When they were talking, Brian’s son, Frank around 7-8 years of age, came running in the house. Though black he was quite cute. Gibson obstructed and stopped him,
"Hello cutie, what is your name? "

The boy looked at his father for approval. The father gave him expressive permission. Out of shyness, without facing Gibson he replied, " Frank"

"Nice name" Gibson said, gently pinching his cheek.

Gibson removed the ball from his pocket and held it in front of Frank.

" Where did you get this? " Gibson asked.

Suddenly fear crept over Frank’s face. He looked dreadfully at his father.

"Don’t worry, your father won’t do anything." Gibson assured him.

Still the boy was not ready to tell.

" Where did you get it? ... Why don’t you tell him?" Brian asked him sternly.

Gibson signaled Brian to calm down, got up, and stood in front of the boy. Gently holding boy’s shoulder he knelt down. Gibson looked into his innocent eyes, held his tiny hands, and stroked them.

"Can you take me to the place?" Gibson asked gently.
Though feared, affirmation could be seen on Frank’s face.
Naseem Abbas Malik
Naseem Abbas Malik
Mr.Administrator
Mr.Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Naseem Abbas Malik Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:33 pm

CHAPTER 11

TIME IS MONEY AND SPACE AN ASSET
The castle was not allowing Gibson to keep quiet, because tonight also, he came to the castle. When he entered the castle, at one place he found a big rock. Few moments he observed the rock and the place around and he tried to move the rock pushing with full force. With repeated attempts, at last he was successful in moving the rock. As it moved, he found a dark entrance leading in. He focused his torch, to see the mysterious cave inside. In fact the rock was sitting on the top of the entrance to the cave. Focusing his torch, he stepped in.

As he entered the cave, he moved around the torch flash.
It appeared that there were many physics laboratory apparatus, clumsily spread around. Paper pieces and charcoal drawings were littered all over the cave. In one corner a sand watch sat. The sand was still flowing, but damn slowly. The dust over equipments showed that they were neither used nor touched since long. Gibson walked across trying to avoid the obstacles coming in between.

Gibson focused the torch on the dusty rock wall; saw something blurred written on the wall. Due to accumulated dust it was not identifiable. Gibson cleared the dust.
It read - ‘Time is money...’. Still there was something more written on the wall. He cleared the dust on the next portion. It read ‘...and space is an asset’
'Time is money and space is an asset’ Gibson again read the complete sentence. He felt, there was some deep meaning hidden in the phrase.

As Gibson turned, something fell on his head. He stepped back with panic. In torchlight, he saw a bulk of old, torn papers fallen on the ground. The papers were yellow and worn out. He picked up the bunch, started going through it. There were some algebraic expressions written and few pages showed figures. Now he started to go through them carefully. Slowly a smile, a smile of finding some treasure, started creeping over his face. As he went through further, the smile started widening. Slowly the smile became so wide that Gibson started appearing crazy.

Gibson stood very close to the edge of the well, never worried of falling down. He was still holding those documents in one hand. He glanced down leaning over the well.

He stepped back and focused torch on the documents. Again, the crazy smile spread over his face.
Naseem Abbas Malik
Naseem Abbas Malik
Mr.Administrator
Mr.Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum